floralphillipses

Friday, April 13, 2012

Palm Coast, and a Goodbye.


I'm sure that most of you know this already, but on March 14, we lost Paul's father. He was an amazing man that made me feel right at home in his family. I included the above photo because it was the most recent photo I'd taken of him, and it summed him up perfectly. He was surrounded by his family, eating good food, and acting silly! He was such a positive and funny person, and we all miss him terribly.

European VillageSuwannee River Getting a hair cutPost-cut!

Paul has been here somewhat sporadically, but he's spending very valuable time with his brother and sister. I miss him, but I know they need him right now.
While he's been here, Paul and I have been exploring Palm Coast. It's a nice suburban town, with a little bit of beachy tossed in. We keep saying that it feels like we're on vacation! The ocean breeze is such a change from Tallahassee's stagnant humidity.
Shockingly, Paul got all of his hair cut off! It was even longer than mine, but his new job requires short hair, so he took the plunge and had it chopped off. I loved his long hair to pieces, but he looks very handsome in this new style.

handsBook and ring

Recently, I interviewed for a library position in the St. Johns County Library System. I'm waiting to hear back, and I'm so excited! Besides that, it's been quiet. I'm spending a lot of time with my Mama and Paul, reading, and just enjoying the time off. Oh, and finishing up my second semester of grad school. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment