floralphillipses

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

St. Augustine Sunday.







01. 1960 reproduction of the HMS Bounty./ 02. Palm walkway in historic St. Augustine./ 03. Flagler College from the Lightner Museum garden./ 04. Paul, mid-sentence, in front of the museum./ 05. Pedro Menéndez de Avilés, founder of St. Augustine./ 06. Paul in back of the statue./ 07. Overhead mirror at the coffee shop./ 08. Blacksmith shop turned awesome coffee shop!/ 09. Statue in a side courtyard of the Lightner Museum./ 10. Silhouette of the city, against the sunset./

The day before I started my new job, Paul and I decided to explore historic St. Augustine. A reproduction of the HMS Bounty, used in numerous films including Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, was in town! We had coffee at an awesome coffee shop that was formerly a blacksmith's shop in the 18th century, then walked all around town until dinnertime. I'd heard great things about The Floridian, so we stopped there. I had the Florida Sunshine Salad, which was amazing, and Paul had the Fresh Catch Floridian. He liked it, but would've appreciated more food. Everything was nicely arranged, but the portions could've been slightly larger.

We had a beautiful Sunday. Next time I'll definitely remember to bring my DSLR!

No comments:

Post a Comment