floralphillipses

Friday, March 15, 2013

Currently.

Blurry Jax


Thinking about...

How the above photo really seems to fit where we're at right now. My little brother accidentally took it during our trip to Jacksonville last week, but it really appealed to me. We're in a position right now with many opportunities. We're reaching one year in Palm Coast, looking for a new home, considering different jobs, going back to school (him), and possibly finishing school (me). It's a lot. We were looking forward to taking it easy as newlyweds, but life just didn't have that in mind. We're very lucky to have so many possibilities open to us, but it's difficult choosing which direction to take.

Reading...

I just finished reading Winter Town by Stephen Emond. It was an awesome mix of prose, comic, reality, fantasy, and more. The two characters are complete opposites, but bring out the best in each other.
Before that, it was The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I'd been wanting to read it for years, but hadn't gotten around to it. I didn't expect to like it much, but I ended up loving it. The story was written so well, and resonated with me in so many ways. It had me thinking back to being in high school, and all of the emotions that entailed. I was hooked. I can't wait to see the movie, now.
Paul just added The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien to his new Samsung Galaxy tablet to reread. He's been reading it out loud during car trips, which I love. We're both huge fans of the book (and new movie), and it's wonderful to go back through it together.

Listening to...

A lot of The Lumineers album lately. We bought the album months and months ago, but I hadn't given it much of a listen past the popular song "Ho Hey". I started listening to their live set from KEXP and it just completely pulled me in. Current favorite has to be Stubborn Love. Give it a listen, if you haven't already!

Working on...

Changing my name on all of my accounts--wow, it's a lot! I'm so thrilled to see my new name everywhere, though. And being called "Mrs. Phillips" by people at the bank makes me giggle like mad.
I've only got a few weeks left of school, so a lot of my focus is going there. It's definitely less stressful than last semester, thank goodness. I'm enjoying my classes this go around. My unexpected favorite turned out to be the Introduction to Information Services class--learning about reference materials, answering questions, and more. It's a lot of fun! Oh, and if you haven't already heard, Paul is working on going back to college! Hooray!
It's a busy season at the library. We're preparing for the summer program while doing our normal spring thing with storytimes, fun programs, and teen events. Seussapalooza just finished up, and we're nearly finished with Teen Tech Week. Check out our Youth Services blog for more from my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment