floralphillipses

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Goals.

Good morning, 2014. Welcome, though I'm sad to see 2013 go. It was an amazing year for us, with many milestones that we'll be remembering for years to come. Rather than focus on the year past, however, I'd like to get some goals down on paper the internet.


Paul and I are approaching our first anniversary, and I couldn't be happier. I feel that we're closer than ever before, and we're so in sync, it's ridiculous. I'd like to spend this year growing together as a couple. We'll accomplish this through travel and projects.
We're already planning trips up north for weddings, but I'd love to make more weekend and day trips around Florida and Georgia. There are some wonderful sites here that we haven't visited yet, and so many memories to be made.
I realized the other day during our photo shoot with a newly married couple that Paul and I work extremely well together. He has so many great ideas, and we're able to execute them together. I'd like to make that a common thing. Photo shoots, construction projects, maybe even a book!


So many things could go into this category, but I'll narrow it down to three simple things.
We need to drink more water. This is a constant thing. It's simple, but seems to be difficult to remember. Just by drinking more water each day, we'll stay more hydrated, energized, have less headaches, and lose weight.
I want to keep up with meal-planning. I've let it slide the past few weeks because of the holidays, but things are slowly getting back to normal and I'm excited to try out some new recipes. I'm going to focus as much as possible on healthy vegan meals for the two of us.
Both of us have gotten new sneakers in the last few months, so that means exercise is on the table! We're looking to get thirty minutes a day, by starting off small with daily walks. Hopefully that will evolve into jogging, then running, but I'll just be happy if we get outside and breathe that ocean air every day.


We've been in our home for nearly nine months. It's great, but it feels like a mishmosh of borrowed goods. I want to focus on making this house more like our home by creating some new furniture, clearing out the clutter, and covering the walls with photos, prints, and projects we've put together. Maybe I'll even post some finished photos!

Once again, welcome 2014. Wishing you all a fruitful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment