floralphillipses

Monday, March 17, 2014

baby shower.

Amanda's Baby Shower


BABIES! Just kidding--only one baby, but it certainly feels like there are babies everywhere lately. My very best friend from middle school is having a little boy. How crazy is that?! I kind of can't get over the fact that we're old enough to have babies.

Amanda's Baby Shower
Amanda's Baby Shower
Amanda's Baby Shower
Amanda's Baby Shower
Amanda's Baby Shower
Amanda's Baby Shower

Amanda's family put together the sweetest little co-ed baby shower. I fell in love with the cake as soon as I walked in--Winnie the Pooh AND caramel?? It can't get much better than that. Except it can. Because Amanda's mom was the amazing creator of the cake. BAM. It was delicious. I couldn't get over it. That, coupled with our grilled garden burgers (thanks, Mister Bob!) and Puerto Rican beans with rice... It was food heaven.

Amanda's Baby Shower
Amanda's Baby Shower
Amanda's Baby Shower
Amanda's Baby Shower
Some of the VIPs.

There were some little games that Paul and I were, of course, horrible at. I'd never played the candy bar diaper game! Paul got up close and personal with it, so I had to get some photos of that craziness. Afterward, Amanda opened and passed around gifts. I don't know about you, but baby clothes just make me melt. So much itsy-bitsy adorableness! Paul and I had a great time picking out our gift: Burt's Bees Baby Bee set, some Mama Bee oil, the sweetest little Winnie the Pooh outfit, and a few of these adorable Baby Lit books! They're board book versions of the classics, and I couldn't pass them up.

Amanda's Baby Shower
Amanda's Baby Shower
Amanda's Baby Shower

Amanda lives in Illinois now, and we don't get to see each other very much. However, each time we get together it feels like (to me) no time has passed at all. There's always lots to catch up on, but we're still the same people despite the years. Love you, Amanda, and I can't wait to meet your little guy!

Amanda's Baby Shower

No comments:

Post a Comment