floralphillipses

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Currently.

JEN_2575b

I can't believe the last currently post I did was in October! Time flies.

Thinking about... Our wedding is one month and ten days away! After some hiccups, everything seems to be falling into place regarding vendors. There are still some DIY things to throw together, but we've (hopefully) got plenty of time to get those done.
I'm trying to work on my patience. I've never been good at waiting. I'm stubborn, and what to do things right away. As a result, I think I'm missing out a little bit. Paul always tells me that patience pays off, and he's absolutely right.

Reading...
I just finished The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty. It was excellent! Such an interesting story, and it throws in a lot of unexpected twists.
At lunch today, I started a random YA book from our collection-- Bird by Rita Murphy. I'm not too far in yet, but it seems to be about a girl who was caught up by the winds and deposited into a little seaside town. She's adopted by a strange old woman who lives in a huge, lonely mansion. That's it so far!

Listening to...
The Hobbit soundtrack is amazing. Howard Shore did it, just like with the Lord of the Rings, but it's just a much more folksy feel, in my opinion. This is primarily because of the focus on the dwarves. My favorite track is Misty Mountains. Richard Armitage sounds great, and it's got so much powerful feeling behind it.

Working on...
Wow, so much. my last semester of graduate school just began, and so I'm throwing myself into assignments. There's also a lot to work on at the library-- new programs, revamping old programs, trying to get more teens into the building, and I started our system's first blog! It's a very simple Tumblr blog: Stories from Southeast, if you'd like to check it out.
There's also a lot going on at home. I'm trying to work on cleaning up our space, getting rid of what we don't need, and paring down before we (eventually) get our own house. Hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment