floralphillipses

Thursday, April 11, 2013

School Spirit.

FSU Visit


We spent part of our extended Easter weekend in Tallahassee on the campus that several of us attended. My younger brother had never really walked around campus or visited the stadium before, so we needed to change that.

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

I was never the type with much school spirit, if we're being honest here. Sure, I've got a few FSU shirts and the like, but I only ever attended one football game, and not even a whole one, at that. I didn't really take advantage of the clubs or extracurriculars. Some might say that I missed out on a vital part of the college experience, but I completely disagree. I was more the observer. I was quiet. I liked to sit on "my" windowsill in the Williams building and read, finish homework, and people-watch. Maybe it was the English major in me.

Haha, I'm reminiscing as if I'm not still enrolled. I actually graduate in a little less than a month from my Master's program. Despite the fact that I'm still technically a student here, it feels different. My classes are online, and I hadn't been back on campus in over a year, easily. Walking around campus again was a lovely reminder of how much life has changed in just a short time. I'm no longer that quiet undergrad hurrying across campus to class. Instead, I'm a married (gasp) woman walking around the constantly-changing grounds with her family.

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

We had a great picnic lunch of Moe's (Bill's favorite!)on Landis Green, then stopped for some Starbucks from Strozier Library. We wandered around campus, finally ending up at the stadium for some shenanigans. Bill and I ran all the way up the bleachers and took some photos...until he took off and left me there--see below:

FSU Visit


For fun, this is what happens when I try to get Paul to take a nice photo with me:

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

The campus really is gorgeous. I miss being there sometimes. See you on May fourth, FSU!

FSU Visit

FSU Visit

No comments:

Post a Comment