floralphillipses

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Currently.

Castillo
A visit to the Castillo from a few weeks ago.


Thinking about...

Adopting a new routine. I've finally graduated, and now it's time to focus fully on my work. I've taken on a second job, up at the outlet mall. I've worked two days so far, and it's very simple. Retail has always come easy to me.
Paul is now enrolled in college, and I couldn't be prouder. School has been my life for the past seventeen years, and it brought me so much happiness and satisfaction. I know Paul will feel the same. Or, at least I hope he will, haha.
There's also been a lot of thought on the idea of "What next?". Paul jokes that I cannot stay still, which is why I had a second job lined up even before graduation. He's so right. I'm constantly working toward the next big idea. I want to learn to be present and happy within this moment, but it seems to be harder than it looks.

Reading...

I finished up Divergent by Veronica Roth a few days ago, and I loved it. It's dystopian, so of course it reminded me of Hunger Games, but it was less graphic and more thought-provoking. The idea of breaking up a group of people based on personality is interesting. There's a movie coming out at some point, and I'm looking forward to it.
After that, I quickly read One Plus One Equals Blue by M.J. Auch. It showed up one day as I was checking in books. It looked neat, was brand new, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It focuses on a boy with synesthesia, which for him means he sees numbers as colors. It's his first year of high school, and also the first year he hasn't been homeschooled by his grandmother. A very cool coming of age novel.
Now, I've started Paper Towns by John Green. I've read a few of his books, and decided I'd like to read them all. This one takes place in central Florida, which I know pretty well. I'm excited to get further in.

Listening to...

The Great Gatsby soundtrack. My favorite song right now is Young & Beautiful by Lana Del Ray. Paul and I heard about her a few months ago while we were shopping somewhere, so were thrilled when we found out she was on the soundtrack. The rest of the disc is also great--Florence & the Machine, Sia, Gotye... many of our favorites!

Working on...

Our new place. We adore our little beach bungalow with it's breezy porch and perfect location. We're trying to move the rest of our things from my parents' house and get things organized here. I think it'll be a great summer project to put this place together just the way we want.
I also want to catch up on my posts here! I need to update my 365 project (which I think I'll chance to a 52-week project) and make posts about graduation, Disney, and several other things...

No comments:

Post a Comment