floralphillipses

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Babies!

Baby Ben


It's baby craziness right now, at least in my little world. I gained my first nephew and a new cousin within two weeks of each other, not to mention the royal baby a bit before that. Ha! Everywhere I look, babies!

Baby Ben
Baby Ben
Baby Ben


Last weekend, Paul and I drove down to Spring Hill to meet our little nephew, Benjamin. He was only two days old at that point, and what a wonder! Besides my brother (fourteen years ago!), I don't remember ever holding a newborn before. It was terrifying and wonderful simultaneously. My sister handed him over to me, and all of a sudden, I was just overcome. My eyes started to tear up as I held this tiny little person--my nephew! I just couldn't believe it. My sister and her husband created this little guy, and he was just perfect.

Baby Brett
Baby Brett


After tearing ourselves away, we drove to Orlando to meet another new baby--my cousin, Brett Jr.! He is exactly two weeks older than Benjamin, and what a difference! He was already starting to fill out a bit, and what a cutie! He slept for most of our visit, though there was quite a bit of wiggling as I held him. Those cheeks--oh my. They're just perfectly plump and I wanted to kiss them like crazy. Maybe when he's a little older! :)

Baby Brett
Baby Brett


Though Paul didn't want to hold them (he was afraid of how fragile they are!), he did say how adorable they were. Not generically, mind you. He told me how most newborns are wrinkly and not all that cute, but these two, well, were perfect. They must have good genes. ;)

Baby Ben


We gave each of them a book to start their little libraries. Corduroy for Benjamin, and Where the Wild Things Are for Brett. Two of my favorite picture books for two of my favorite guys. You can bet they'll be getting loads of books from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment