floralphillipses

Monday, January 20, 2014

beach weather.


Did I confuse you with that title? It's snowing in many parts of the world, and this girl is talking about going to the beach?! Believe me, I'm crazy grateful to be able to say that. I'm a Florida girl through and through, and I don't think I could ever move away from this nearly tropical climate. I've never even seen snow!


Anyway, back to our day. Our friend DV came to visit this weekend. It's always a treat when we get visitors, since we love to show them around our little town. We decided to finish up the weekend by eating at one of our local favorites, but we'll talk about that later on this week's foodie friday. Afterward, we walked the short distance to the beach.


It was gorgeous! The weather was in the sixties, and that ocean breeze just gets me every time. I saw a quote on Pinterest earlier that summed up my feelings exactly:

Ah, the smell of the salt and sand. There is no elixir on this blessed earth like it.
(A quick search told me the quote is from a book I read in college and greatly enjoyed... The Hakawati by Rabih Alameddine.)


I also discovered this little gem in two spots on our walk! Since I'm a little ampersand-crazy, I was excited to find them! I wonder if there are more all over Saint Augustine?

I hope you all had a lovely long weekend! What was your favorite part?

1 comment:

  1. Did my sister go all gansta and decide to be a tag artist spray painting your sign (&) all over St. Auggie??????

    ReplyDelete